MEDITATION AND MINDFULNESS
- 80s – Learned Transcendental Meditation
- 2005 to 2010 – Practising and Teaching Meditation through Feel Good Therapies
- 2009 to 2011 – Teaching meditation at lunchtime to colleagues FOC
- 2012 to present – Teaching meditation and mindfulness through Edinburgh Council Adult Education
I have taught meditation and mindfulness sessions at local business, eg:
- Barclays Bank
- Edinburgh Art College Wellbeing Week
- Craigiebield Hotel Sunday wellbeing days
- Scotland’s Learning Partnership
- Side by Side Parkinsons
- 2006 – Level 1 Usui Reiki training
- 2008 – Level 2 Usui Reiki training
- 2009 – Level 3 Usui Reiki training
- 2010 – Level 1 and 2 Karuna Reiki training
- 2014 – Usui Reiki Master Teacher
INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE QUALIFICATIONS
- 2015 – Anatomy and Physiology Theoretical Exam
- 2015 – Indian Head Massage Practitioner
- Connected Kids Level 1 – Teaches Adults to teach children to meditation
- Bach Flower Remedies Level 1 – The system that gives you Bach Remedies
- Crystal Therapy – Crystals, Mandalas, Pendulums and Medicine Wheels
- Astrology – Introduction to Birth Charts
- Various other training
I am continually and pro-actively involved in self-development through ongoing training and mentoring. This allows me to evolve, develop my skills, as well as to recommend other therapists to my clients.
Having learned transcendental meditation in the 80s, I was keen to try something different. Reiki intrigued me, and it opened the door to my spiritual development. It helped me to question my beliefs and explore other ways of being.
I believe that physical symptoms can manifest through emotional stress and anxiety and when we learn to change the mind-set we start to relieve the pain.
Sometimes stress and anxiety can be the result of following the crowd and I believe It’s important to be authentic…..whatever that means to you. When we try to fit in or do what’s expected of us, it can be hard work and a bit of a struggle. Being true to ourselves brings with it a flow and ease to life that allows us to shine.
Being brave enough to embrace the real you allows an experience of meaning instead of the material.
We all have the opportunity to connect to ourselves in a spiritual way that offers us clarity, confidence and a flow to life that confirms who we are and why we are here.
My aim is to support you through a process which allows change to take place, bringing balance and harmony back into focus.